New Confuciusornis species (C. jianchangensis)

From: Ben Creisler
bh480@scn.org

I can't find a free pdf for this one yet. Anyway, I think
it is of interest (note: author names are in first-last
order):

http://www.ceps.com.tw/ec/ecjnlarticleView.aspx?
jnlcattype=1&jnlptype=3&jnltype=20&jnliid=2337&issueiid=98
807&atliid=2082825

Li Li,  Jing-Qi Wang,  Shi-Lin Hou, 2010. A new species
of Confuciusornis from Lower Cretaceous of Jianchang,
Liaoning, China. Global Geology 2010 92(2): 183-187.

A new species of the Confuciusornis (Confuciusornis
jianchangensis sp. nov.) is described based on a specimen
discovered from the Lower Cretaceous Jiufotang Formation
in Toudaoyingzi of Jianchang, Liaoning Province, China.
Although it is preserved with no forelimb and thoracic
girdle, the new species can be distinguished from other
known Confuciusornithid in many features, such as small
sized, squamosal similar triangular, quadrate crassitude,
anterior upper edge of dentary convex, tarsometatarsus
fused proximally, metatarsals ?X not present, pygostyle
wide and thick, etc. This discovery is the first time for
Jianchang to find the taxa of Confuciusornis, and is
significant for showing the diversity of
Confuciusornithiformes.