Re: Platecarpus tympaniticus - how to analyze a nomen dubium

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:04 AM, Mike Taylor <mike@indexdata.com> wrote:

> Actually, I think the PhyloCode leaves enough wiggle-room for us to do
> what is obviously the right thing here: Article 11.7 is the relevant
> one, and it says "In the interest of consistency with the rank-based
[...]

I stand corrected; I think I was thinking of an older draft which
didn't say "typified name". "Ceratopsia" and "Ceratopsomorpha" are not
typified names under any rank-based code, so we can, in theory, define
them without Ceratops montanus.

--
T. Michael Keesey
Glendale, California