Re: In your Copious Free Time (tm), some blogs to check out

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. <tholtz@umd.edu> wrote:

    Hmmm... I wonder how it was composed?

I have received a few e-mails from similar sites telling me that I
made it onto some top 50 list or another. It's basically linkbait -
they create a list, tell you you're on it, and expect you to send your
traffic their way when you post a link saying "See? My blog is teh
awesum." It's just a devious way to get bloggers to send over their
readers. (Every single one of these lists I have seen has been
something like onlinecolleges.org or onlineacademics.org or something
like that.)

- Brian

--
Written in Stone - Coming November 1, 2010
http://brianswitek.com/