Re: In your Copious Free Time (tm), some blogs to check out

evogeek@gmail.com wrote:

>>I have received a few e-mails from similar sites telling me that I made
it
onto some top 50 list or another. It's basically linkbait - they create a
list, tell you you're on it, and expect you to send your traffic their way
when you post a link saying "See? My blog is teh awesum." It's just a
devious way to get bloggers to send over their readers. (Every single one
of
these lists I have seen has been something like onlinecolleges.org or
onlineacademics.org or something like that.)<<

Yeah.  I've avoided posting links to these sites on my blog for just that
reason.  I was wondering about making an exception this time and pointing
out the blogs that are non-scientific, but really don't want to send them
the traffic.

Bill Parker
Vertebrate Paleontologist
Division of Resource Management
Petrified Forest National Park
P.O. Box 2217
1 Park Road
Petrified Forest, AZ 86028
(928) 524-6228 x262

             Brian Switek
             <evogeek@gmail.co
             Sent by:                  tholtz@umd.edu, DINOSAUR@usc.edu
             owner-DINOSAUR@us                                          cc
             c.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: In your Copious Free Time (tm),
             09/22/2010 08:51          some blogs to check out
             AM

             Please respond to
             evogeek@gmail.com

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
<tholtz@umd.edu>wrote:

> Hmmm... I wonder how it was composed?

I have received a few e-mails from similar sites telling me that I made it
onto some top 50 list or another. It's basically linkbait - they create a
list, tell you you're on it, and expect you to send your traffic their way
when you post a link saying "See? My blog is teh awesum." It's just a
devious way to get bloggers to send over their readers. (Every single one
of
these lists I have seen has been something like onlinecolleges.org or
onlineacademics.org or something like that.)

All the best,

Brian

--
*Written in Stone*<