Re: Xixiposaurus, new Lower Jurassic prosauropod from China (free pdf)

 Rescued from truncation:

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:36:45 +0800
From: desertbone <desertbone@gmail.com>

--000e0cd5a01e3b72ff0490ec856d

you are right.

from Zheng Wenjie

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 5:11 PM, David Marjanovic
<david.marjanovic@gmx.at>wrote:

> I=EF=BF=BDm not quite sure what is going on with the name (or
> names) of the
> author (or authors). The Chinese version gives the author as Guan
> Gutou-=EF=BF=BDSekiya Toru sounds Japanese but is listed with the
> English abstract.

 Could be the same thing. All Japanese names can be written in kanji
 (usually four of them, but sometimes only three, like most Chinese
 names);
 they're pronounced as the native Japanese words which have the
 meanings the
 characters represent, and this means the numbers of syllables don't
 line up
 with the numbers of characters (they always do in Chinese) -- there
 are kanji that are pronounced as three syllables.

 However, I don't speak (let alone read) Japanese, and my Chinese is
 way too
 elementary that I could even tell how "Guan Gutou" might be written
 in characters ( =3D h=C3=A0nz=C3=AC =3D kanji), so this is just a
 guess.

 In any case, there is a Japanese paleontologist called Sekiya Toru,
 where Sekiya is the surname. IIRC, he has published in Vertebrata
 PalAsiatica before, but I'm not sure.