Re: Platecarpus tympaniticus - how to analyze a nomen dubium

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:36 AM, Harris, Jerald <jharris@dixie.edu> wrote:

> Â ÂOK, so that's a step in the right direction that addresses my last
> comment. ÂBut PhyloCode will STILL turn into a free-for-all contest to see
> who can get their name(s) attached to the most clade names, which is
> unproductive. ÂJust think of all the people that will publish little
> three-line notes establishing themselves as the definers, padding their CVs
> with, well, nothing.

Dunno if it changes anything for you, but keep in mind that authors
also have to go through an online electronic registration process.
Unlike the existing codes, it's not enough to just publish the
nomenclatural act; you have to pre-register it in a public database.

Details here: http://www.ohio.edu/phylocode/appendixA.html

--
T. Michael Keesey
Glendale, California