RE: Platecarpus tympaniticus - how to analyze a nomen dubium

Nick, you should know better. Take the tomato like a man.

Marsh named *Ceratops,* *Ceratopsidae,* and *Ceratopsia.* He was presumably
aware of the use of the first to coin the latter two, coined a mere 2 years
earlier, and blissfully unaware of the incorrect stem of _ops_.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)
http://qilong.wordpress.com/