Re: Andrew McDonald response re: European iguanodonts

Mickey Mortimer <mickey_mortimer111@msn.com> wrote:

>  The key here is that until we find two distinct taxa which both have
>Troodon's characters, it can't be a nomen dubium.

Yes - at last we agree!  But I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's only
a matter of time before this happens.

The prognosis is not good for ANY dinosaur species that is based
solely on teeth.  I can't see how _Troodon_ would be exceptional in
this regard.   Like _Deinodon_ and _Trachodon_ before it, I think it's
inevitable that the _Troodon_ type will be shown to be non-diagnosable
at the species level.

Cheers

Tim