Icelandic dinosaur names

Anyone ever hear of this phenomenon in Iceland?

"One of the most fun things about the Icelandic language is that
unlike every other language to my knowledge, they have their own
dinosaur names rather than using the same Greek and Latin that we’re
used to. There are a whole bunch named after gods and goddesses
(Apatosaurus/Þórseðla, Maiasaura/Freyjueðla) but my absolute favorite
is the one in the picture. Its scientific name is “Irritator,” and so
the Icelanders dubbed it Lokaeðla (“Lokisaurus”)."

source:
http://kvaaninkieli.tumblr.com/post/4556882133/one-of-the-most-fun-things-about-the-icelandic

Thought it was interesting, and wonder if any other languages have
local names for dinosaurs or other extinct animals.

David Orr
---
Love in the Time of Chasmosaurs: http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com
Orogenic Design: http://www.davidorogenic.com