RE: Icelandic names for dinosaurs

I suspect that's actually the case: the name is used for both. It is an
informal, non-taxonomic label.

I don't think Icelanders are making up their own names for taxa, but are
instead transliterating them -- Spanish does the same for both Spain and
Argentina (e.g., "tiranosauro" for everyone's favorite scavenger-boogeyman, and
is used a proper noun), and I think the same is true in Brasil for Português.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)
http://qilong.wordpress.com/