Re: dino-lice

On Thu, Apr 21st, 2011 at 11:11 AM, GSP1954@aol.com wrote:

> The extreme musculature indicated by the ossified keeled sternum and big
> olecranon process combined with an enormous claw leave little doubt that
> alvarezsaur arms where for tearing something apart. The shortness of the arms
> increased their power via leverage. I like to think it was termite mounds,
> which I believe have been discovered from that time. Display feather
> fluttering
> does not explain any of the features.

Adult male red kangaroos also have extreme forearm musculature, the main
purpose of which is to
wrestle with each other. Although they also come in handy for drowning dogs.

Here are a few red kangaroo "beefcake" shots:

http://cdn1.arkive.org/media/65/65DE93AF-9307-4EEC-89DD-
8A33B7345860/Presentation.Large/Male-red-kangaroo-showing-powerful-muscles.jpg

http://australiawallpaper.info/bulkupload/wallpaper/Red%20Kangaroo.jpg

http://images.blockstar.com/uploads/pfunf/Red-kangaroo.JPG

And what happens when an adult male red takes exception to a 'puny' primate:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/TigerQuoll/funny-pictures-kangaroo-fighter-zMc.jpg

Dann Pigdon