RE: dino-lice

  The longest the arms could be while being too short as to prevent them from
being able to "dig" would be no longer than the depth of the chest from which
they arise.

  Understand that only speaking from a functional sense, Senter's approach and
my arguments so far only regard the degree to which the anatomy of the limbs
themselves describe potential function. Placing size into concern, odder things
arise. As the limbs would be no larger than some casuariid or apterygid
ratites, which sport rather ineeffective "display" structures for said wings, I
presume initially that display is unlikely. However, it should be noted that --
again -- Senter's limb posture describes a possible display aspect. this would
then only be required to support much larger integument that the size of the
limb itself be unimportant. I am not making an argument for or against this
hypothesis.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)