Re: dino-lice

On 4/21/2011 11:24 AM, Jaime Headden wrote:

> As such, i would support the scratch-digging in so far as the anatomy > is useful for precise tearing [...]

Here is a question I have formed a strong opinion on, but do not feel qualified to answer definitively -- assuming the hind legs were disabled, could an alvarezsaurid that was lying prone (on it's 'stomach', and on a surface that allowed the claws to gain traction) generate forces with the arms that would tend to slide it forward and/or back?