From: Maria Ponce
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 12:03 PM
To: Museum
Subject: FW: Harley Garbani

From: Luis Chiappe

I'm very sorry to bring the news that Mr. Harley Garbani, the person
responsible for building much of our dinosaur and Mesozoic collection,
passed away earlier today. I talked to his wife, Mary just minutes
ago. She said that Harley had been in comma for the last 4 days.
Harley visited the in-progress Dinosaur Hall just a few weeks ago. He
saw several of the specimens he collected in the 1960s-- he was very
excited.

Harley was my friend and in many ways, my role model. He was an
incredibly gifted fossil hunter and a very simple and honest person.
Through his many discoveries, Harley made many significant
contributions to dinosaur science and vertebrate paleontology in
general.

He will be very missed.

Luis