Re: dino-lice

I just read some news about a new snail-eating marsupial and thought
how possible it may be for the "hook and pull" mechanism of
alvarezsaur forelimbs to open snail opercula and remove the snail
while holding the shell with the kinetic, and possibly very good in
manipulation, jaws. Yes, looks odd, and i do not know how abundant are
snails in xeric habitats... This may also go for crabs or other
hard-shelled but possible to open invertebrates, supposing problems in
swallowing them whole (for example, spikes on the shells).