Re: dino-lice

I suppose that I should restrict my question to limbs, because there are, of
course, birds that have reduced bills that are used for gleaning. But really
almost any adaptation in the mouthparts will function in feeding.

So, once more, any examples of a vertebrate that has undergone extreme
reduction of its limbs while those limbs continued to serve a (or served an
increasingly important), direct, function in obtaining food.

I don't mean leg reduction while they still walked up to the food. I mean in
performing functions on the food source that allow them to feed on it. That
means cracking nuts, cutting carcasses, scraping algae, whatever.