Re: dino-lice

" ...the forelimbs of alvarezsaurids were greatly abbreviated and were
certainly not used in locomotion..."

pg 115, Chiappe et al., 2002 L.M. Chiappe, M.A. Norell and J.M. Clark, The
Cretaceous, short-armed Alvarezsauridae: Mononykus and its kin. In: L.M.
Chiappe and L.M. Witmer, Editors, Mesozoic Birds: Above the Heads of Dinosaurs,
University of California Press, Berkeley (2002), pp. 87–120.

On Apr 22, 2011, at 3:53 PM, Don Ohmes wrote:

>> I don't think sauropod feet are so much smaller than prosauropod feet. No, I
>> don't mean like that, as I don't think anyone has suggested a locomotory
>> function for alvarezsaur arms.
>
> Sure they did. Don Ohmes did in his post of 4/22/11 9:17AM -- Subject line
> "dino-lite".

Jason Brougham
Senior Principal Preparator
American Museum of Natural History