RE: Ceratonykus braincase described

  It is also a useful explanation for alvarezsaurs developing an opisthopubic
pelvis, as it allows an expanded gut without invoking closer avian ties than
_Maniraptora_. One should also note, however, that unlike virtually _all_
myrmecophages, alvarezsaurs have a substantive array of teeth, and instead of
just neat little, crushing teeth, these are tiny little razor-blade teeth.
Consider the functional anatomy of the jaws and dentition for a second here
instead of the forearms.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)