New Terra Nova information

>From http://tv.ign.com/articles/116/1164752p1.html

I'm not sure how much of this is old news for folks on the list, but I guess
Jack Horner is (once again) the consultant. According to the interview with
Brannon Braga (executive producer) the show is aiming to recreate a Cretaceous
ecosystem, and the team is actually trying to steer clear of _T.rex_ for a
while due to the iconic nature of the animal. All of that sounds admirable.
However, on the flip side of this he also said the following:

"Describing that newly created dinosaur, Braga said, 'It's called an
acceraptor, which means 'to slash' in Latin. And they're called
'slashers' as a nickname, because they've got these tails with razor
sharp tail blades that they whip at you that can slice you in half. It's
 a kind of dinosaur that we've just never seen and is really
frightening.'"

Between that and statements like this: "I liked monsters and then when I found
out that there really were monsters, I was hooked.," my hopes for the show have
steadily plummeted.

It will be interesting to see if the show can survive past one season
(especially if its on Fox).

Jason