Tim Williams wrote:

> _Archaeopteryx_ had large wings, and (based on preserved position)
> what appeared to be a reversed hallux.

Really? I mean, has there been anything new since Middleton's PhD
thesis (2003, concluded that the hallux was directed anteromedially)
and Mayr et al.'s paper that described the tenth specimen of
_Archaeopteryx_ (2005, concluded that the hallux was "spread medially
and not permanently reversed")?

--
David Černý