evelyn sobielski <koreke77@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Ornithothoraces uses an enantiornithine and a neornithine. The instability of
> basal Pygostylia and the physical constraints for self-powered flight make me
> wary of whether enantis and euornis are sisters.

It is (by their definitions) impossible for them to be anything else.

> So Ornithothoraces only makes sense if the assessment that particular traits
> are apomorphies is not mistaken.

_Ornithothoraces_ will always refer to the clade originating with the
most recent common ancestor of _Enantiornis leali_ and _Gallus
gallus_, no matter which of their traits are homologies and which are
homoplasies. Why do you think it doesn't make sense?

--
David Černý