Re: Greg Paul is right (again); or "Archie's not a birdy"... but Jeholornis is

evelyn sobielski <koreke77@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Thanks for the paper David!

You're welcome :o)

> I say: wow. _Jeholornis_? Just: wow. They couldn't get it out of Avialae with
> the taxon set they used, no matter how?

I was also surprised by that. On second thought, whatever characters
have linked _Jeholornis_ and living birds to the exclusion of
_Archaeopteryx_ until now, they remain just as valid as before. For
example, _Jeholornis_ did not have a hyperextendible second toe, did
it? If archaeopterygids are deinonychosaurs, is this character an
autapomorphy of _Deinonychosauria_ again?

> In any case http://www.springerlink.com/content/wln3pa4ttec4h6td/ is probably
> well worth a re-read now.

True.
--