RE: Brrr, bone chilling paleopolar summers(Polar dinosaur growth and other new papers)

  Before we lose ourselves in the war of "you haven't done [X]" it should be
noted that no sedimentary regime is _ever_ fully sampled, regardless of how
long it has been sampled. For example, and this one's just off the top of my
head, the Morrison and Dinosaur Park Formations have been sampled for well over
a century and are STILL producing essentially new material providing new data
on otherwise unknown portions of animals. Some of these are new taxa. Some of
them MAY be new taxa. Claiming that the North Slope has been so well-sampled
that it cannot be said to produce new material of otherwise unknown
bradymetabolic or ectothermal animals is to claim that we know everything about
it that can be known (like how a pachycephalosaur was only very recently named
from said sediments, cementing the idea that the formational regime is similar
enough to that in southern Alberta we could surmise other Campanian Albertan
clades may be known in it).

  So the statement "misleading misstatement" is neither, and it is foolish to
say it is.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)