Re: Asian end-Cretaceous extinction and other news stories

How much cooler could northeast Asia be compared to the North Slope of Alaska?
Evidently dinosaurs were doing just fine there during the Maastrichtian, if
judged by the Pachyrhinosaurus bonebeds of the Prince Creek Formation. Not to
mention Antarctica. I'm not sure I buy the cooling climate hypothesis as a
credible means of dinosaur extinction, local or otherwise.

I'm even more dubious about the sea level drop thing. Were dinosaurs really
incapable of living in inland environments? The constant suggestions to the
effect that sea level drops played a major role in dinosaur extinctions
suggests that a lot of researchers seem to believe this, at least.

~ Abyssal