Re: Quake and shake on eastern seaboard

In a message dated 8/23/11 1:49:17 PM, bobtess@dinoart.com writes:

<< Yes, West Coasters will think we are wimps but it shook our studio
hard!  Things fell off walls and tables. And the studio was built in
1888 with 12 inch thick walls! >>

That's interesting in that I'm closer to the epicenter and the 100+ year
old rowhouse I am in is not heavily built but nothing fell off of shelves (did
grab my 1/48 J-35 Draken model just in case). My Giraffatitan herd members
shifted around a bit. Phone service intact. The quake is now a 5.9 felt in
Indiana and Toronto. I doubt any were seriously injured or that collections
were damaged.

GSPaul
</HTML>