Re: Quake and shake on eastern seaboard

Maybe less heavily built, = more flexible?
I am definitely calling the insurance agent tomorrow and see if we are covered for earthquakes.

Tess
On Aug 23, 2011, at 3:08 PM, GSP1954@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 8/23/11 1:49:17 PM, bobtess@dinoart.com writes:

<< Yes, West Coasters will think we are wimps but it shook our studio
hard!  Things fell off walls and tables. And the studio was built in
1888 with 12 inch thick walls! >>

That's interesting in that I'm closer to the epicenter and the 100+ year old rowhouse I am in is not heavily built but nothing fell off of shelves (did grab my 1/48 J-35 Draken model just in case). My Giraffatitan herd members shifted around a bit. Phone service intact. The quake is now a 5.9 felt in Indiana and Toronto. I doubt any were seriously injured or that collections
were damaged.

GSPaul
</HTML>