RE: Public Database of Geologic Formation Ages?

Not always enough of them. Comparative anatomy isn't even trained in MODERN
paleontological students to the degree it used to be. The cross-discipline
position now is a smattering of both geo and bio, without the emphasis on the
principles of either to get the researcher comprehensive _enough_ in both to be
an earnest researcher in both. Nor should he. We can't all be polymaths. That's
why you get people who know some crud about the disciplines you are not too
comprehensive on (as Tom said), and maybe they should just be coauthors rather
than just editors -- I know, don't want to share the limelight and the stage.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/