Re: Mesozoic roots of parrots and passerine birds

 The nesting system of nomenclature suggested by many adherents of the
 PhyloCode (not including myself, but including de Quieroz and Keesey)
 defies the property of the nomenclature in general by using
 mechanical elements without the sense of "real" nomenclature,
 including the use of symbols or (sometimes) internal capitalization,
 which just looks ODD and off-putting at first. But it seeks to set a
 precedence for convention, and when THAT becomes prevalent,
 regardless of whether it sets aside further nomenclature, we'll come
 around to people who are forced to constrain their nomenclature
 toward unimaginative and formulaic names.

 My preference is that we are NOT constrained by automatic stem or
 crown affices, nesting sets of suffices, etc. This means defying the
 properties of the conventions being offered in lieu of the
 conventions in place, and defying those as well.

 Cheers,

 Jaime A. Headden The Bite Stuff (site v2)
 http://qilong.wordpress.com/

You're talking about the Pan- and Apo- "conventions".

I'm not. You've changed the topic.