RE: Mesozoic roots of parrots and passerine birds

I'm talking about ALL of the taxonomic conventions. You may not appreciate the
similarities between -aceae and Apo-, but there really isn't that much of a
difference between them: they are both concept-based affices, special taxonomic
_categories_, that are being determined by Codes that are borderline or
actually mandatory, and will lead to the same lack-of-imagination taxonomy that
is being decried in "Eufalconimorphae", despite the latter not possessing any
actual mandated affices, merely their appearance. This is how you get people
confusing any taxon name ending in -oides with a zoologically mandated
superfamily-rank taxon.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)