RE: *Fluvioviridavis* is a Podargiform, PLoS ONE (OA)

This might be the best paper I've read describing a Tertiary bird.  Most simply
note a few 'key' areas of the skeleton, provide a small image of the skeleton,
and at most include a tiny morphological analysis of a few taxa.  Nesbitt et
al. actually describe the morphology in depth, include detailed figures of the
skull, pelvis, etc. and use a large analysis with many living and fossil
cypselomorph OTUs, molecular characters and several potential outgroups.  If
more workers follow their example we might get neoavian phylogeny worked out
sooner than later.

Mickey Mortimer