RE: Unescoceratops and Gryphognathus, new ceratopsians from Alberta

  Finally, a moment to synonymize diversity instead of proliferating new
nomenclature! Oh, wait, that's bad, too. It may end up being prudent to
categorize life in a more ... effective manner than using an outdated bionomial
system, especially when it's tied to ranks. (That's my obligatory "ranks are
bad" mention for the day.) On the other hand, naming new taxa will just result
in using affixes on names, such as Eu- and Neo- and Mega- or Micro- to modify
existing names when splitting them. Alternatively, we can better spend out
efforts thinking of clever bionomina by simply using uninomina, and not
restricting ourselves to Latin or Greek, or conceptions of the relative
perfection of outdated or classic languages as source material for verb-noun or
noun-noun or adjective-noun structures in names.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/