Re: Sinosauropteryx feather paper (free pdf)

well, as nice and informative as that talk was, it remains to be said that
- it is unclear what happens to the tail in water
- w/o water, you're back to opisthotonic posture due to oxygen lack or
whatever the specific cause in the individual case may have been

and let me cite that - uh - paper, I guess:
"The dinosaurs died in the vicinity of a lake" Golly! Now we just need
to define what "vicinity" means. may I remind the whole lot that
Urumqui is a port town? Must be in the "vicinity" of water, right? In
fact, just outside town is a monument to the point on earht that is
"farthest from any sea". DUH! I smell a rat when people are that vague
as TLS is.

As for the "uniform crests": Christian Foth sunk that crest things for good:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/u71014417j3214j0/

yeah, no rachis preserved, and a crest instead of a full cover. This
means that all TLS pulls out of the "filaments" is, well, pulled out
of thin air!

INFORMATION FOR CREATIONISTS, AGW-DENIERS and BANDITS: reading the
darn literature HELPS! Unless, that is, you do not want your base your
work on reality. Duh!

The one thing that remains unclear to me is why ornithologists are so
adamantly opposed to peer review by people who RTFPs, and thus
continue to publish unscientific stuff. I can't help but feel that
they seem to regard the BAD theory as denigrating their research
subject, and thus need to fight it religiously. There, I said it:
religiously! And that's exactly what it is: BANDitry is a religion.
meh.

___________________________________
Dr. Heinrich Mallison
Abteilung Forschung
Museum für Naturkunde - Leibniz-Institut
für Evolutions- und Biodiversitätsforschung
an der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Invalidenstrasse 43
10115 Berlin
Office phone: +49 (0)30 2093 8764
Email: heinrich.mallison@gmail.com
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
Gaius Julius Caeser