RE: Alamosaurus as biggest North American sauropod

I thought it was fairly clear that "to either" meant in this hypothetical case,
the T. rex holotype was either a member of species A or species B, but that we
couldn't tell which.

As for your second comment, the hypothetical example was that current T. rex is
actually two species (A and B above), and that the T. rex holotype couldn't be
assigned to A or B with confidence (since it doesn't preserve the areas in
which A differs from B).  So while the holotype definitely belongs to SOME
species, it can't be referred to one of the two species in question to the
exclusion of the other.

Mickey Mortimer