Re: Etymology of Ornithomimus sedens?

From: Ben Creisler
bscreisler@yahoo.com

The better choice to say "toothless" in Latin (especially as a species name)
would be the adjective *edentulus* or in Greek *anodon* or *anodontus*
(Pteranodon for example).
Invented forms such as "edentus" or "adentus" as in Jidapterus edentus and
Lotosaurus adentus are better avoided....

-----
If anything, that would rather give "separated tooth", I think... I'm sure it's
not a way to form a word like "toothless".
"Without teeth" would be _sine dentibus_.