Re: Deinonychus claw, er, no, still Catch-22, really...

This brings up a more pertinent point. You have to admit that the
whole "pretty much everything can climb, so surely theropods could
too" argument is not really science in the strictest sense. For
something to qualify as a scientific hypothesis it has to be testable.
What evidence could possibly *disprove* the hypothesis that say,
_Compsognathus_ could climb into branches to roost? Based on the fact
that even turtles and goats could get into trees, it seems that by
admission, there is no anatomical evidence that would suggest
_Compsognathus_ could not. While that makes it very likely at least
some theropods could get into trees, it also means that this idea can
never, by definition, move beyond the realm of speculation.

So from one perspective, it is a catch-22. From another it's simply a
non-scientific, non-testable, but plausible idea. In other words, we
can never really know for sure either way.

Matt