Re: Paleontology and Dinosaurology 101: What layperson MUST to know about?

CMIIW, but the post mentionned facts and theories, not details.
Of course knowing the full anatomy of a labyrinthodont is not usefull or interesting for a layman (although I, for one, am interested;), but things such as birds are dinosaurs, the Chixchulub crater, the Deccan Traps, the explosion of life during the Cambrian, the interrelationships between clades, to name a few, are interesting.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel