Re: Paleontology and Dinosaurology 101: What layperson MUST to know about?

Yup, what Dr. Holtz said.

That summary perfectly answered the question as I understood it: what
is the basic understanding of paleontology an educated person should
have? And it made a GREAT case for why the Mesozoic is particularly
important. As I work today, I look out my window at my dogwood tree,
where several species of birds and one particularly tenacious squirrel
feed. Understanding the ties of this scene to the Mesozoic deepens
this simple pleasure considerably. That's a persuasive feeling: it's
what made Cosmos such a popular series.

David

--

Orogenic Design: http://www.davidorogenic.com