Re: cause of Gigantism in sauropods

 <how often elephants or cape buffalo are attacked, and how much the
 males participate in the hunt, varies between cultures:>

 It's a trend of human psychology: To cite the sensation, unique, over
 the characteristic, mundane.

That's completely opposite my point. My point is that most people believe all lions are Serengeti lions, because the Serengeti is on TV. Serengeti lions hardly if ever attack elephants, rarely attack buffalo, and the males just lie around lazily. Savuti lions _regularly_ attack elephants, and Kruger and Lake Manyara lions, as my first link says, _commonly_ attack adult male cape buffalo; at least in Kruger National Park, the male lions take over the lion's share of the hunting. Tsavo lions are different again.

 It is far more common to see citations of unique kill events in the
 Savuti than it is to record the day-to-day ordinary kill events.

To the contrary -- most people, it seems, still believe adult elephants (and hippos) are immune to predation.

 Lion canines, much like leopard ones (and jaguars) are blunt for the
 crushing bit. They even sometimes have carinae. This probably helps
 enable the piercing bite more than the tearing action of the jaw. But
 it is jaw strength and not tooth form that helps lions crush
 anything; they selectively use their limbs and teeth to disable and
 render, rather than opting one set of tools for a task (which is the
 pattern for other big cats). This is comparable to bears, which they
 share similarities to in canine morphology.

That's what I mean: this is very different from theropods like *Allosaurus*.

 Also, the comparison of the *Allosaurus* skull as a hacksaw is
 enormously oversimplified and, I think, inaccurate: A hacksaw's teeth
 are arrayed in an alternating splay, effective on both a push and a
 pull (most normal saws have special teeth that are oriented to permit
 both, a hacksaw is designed primarily for the push stroke), while an
 "allosaur"'s jaw is only effective on a pull. Similarly, a hacksaw
 is ineffective when the edge of brought down on a plane,

Animals aren't planes...

 while this action is used to promote the image of the allosaur skull
 as a "hatchet" (Bakker's term). This is because a theropod tooth is,
 primarily, a piercing device (always) with a cutting edge (maybe),

"Maybe"???

If the serrated cutting edges on both sides of each tooth were just to somehow aid piercing, why are the teeth so strongly flattened labiolingually, and why is all of this reduced in baryonychines and lost in spinosaurines and most crocodyliforms?

 not a double-bit edge with a blunt terminus.

What do you mean by "double-bit"?

 And all theropods must gain leverage with a piercing strike followed
 by a pull -- variation tends to involve in how and in which direction
 the pull occurs, such as leverageing with the jaw instead of the body
 and pulling up rather than back, or altering the angle of jaw to
 ground and pulling in the direction of the jaw from the ground
 (lifting vertically).

Yes. What's your point with this?