Re: cause of Gigantism in sauropods

On 2/9/2011 3:13 PM, Habib, Michael wrote:
2011/2/9 Habib, Michael<MHabib@chatham.edu>:
>>  Personally, I don't understand the insistence that theropods must have been
attacking prey many times their own size, risking death in the process, when evidence
suggests that there was a huge biomass of smaller available prey (especially
juveniles) available for consumption.

I missed something, I guess. What "insistence that theropods must have been attacking prey many times their own size"?

The usual consensus I read seems to be the reverse -- adult sauropods sailed around the Mesozoic unmolested due to their extreme size.