Re: Tyrannosaurus abundant in Hell Creek dino census

Interesting, truly, the great proportion of Tyrannosaurus suggests
that the ecosystem would be better sustained in time if Tyrannosaurus
focused in killing juveniles instead of adults, which would take more
time to recover in order to reproduce. Whatever the mechanical physics
of the attack and defense (discussed in the thread on sauropod
gigantism), if Tyrannosaurus ate adults, it seems it was at risk of
extinguishing its prey. In fact, killing prey when they are still
young is something also done by us with cattle, as some agronomist
once told me, which is a way to permit prey biomass production per
time unit to be greater, for near adultness, biomass growth rate
becomes slower.