"Tyrannosaurus was not strictly a predator"

Something jumped out at me that seemed unusual in the latest on the Hell Creek
fauna, Horner, Goodwin and Myrhvold (2011):

"This census suggests that *Tyrannosaurus* was not strictly a predator, but
instead more of an opportunistic feeder, possibly selecting similar food
choices under circumstances comparable to that of hyenas in extant ecosystems,
a trend unrecognized in earlier census studies."

  How many papers were published, or articles in books written, to describe
precisely this following Horner's seminal argument in _The Complete T. rex_ and
the follow-up paper in 1994 (cited below), rejecting the sole-scavenger
hypothesis? In citing a response to this hypothesis (Ruxton and Houston), they
merely affirm positive capability of scavenging sustainability through carrion
(by using a copy-and-paste model of Serengeti = Hell Creek) and do not cite
other, more numerous contradictions of the sole-scavenger hypothesis. This has
the added effect of affirming the work as a contradictor (as quoted above) of
the sole-scavenger hypothesis presented by the first author.

Horner, J. R. 1994. Steak knives, beady eyes, and tiny little arms (a portrait
of *Tyrannosaurus* as a scavenger). _The Paleontological Society Special
Publication_ 7:157–164.
Ruxton, G. D. & Houston, D. C. 2003. Could *Tyrannosaurus rex* have been a
scavenger rather than a predator? An energetics approach. _Proceedings of the
Royal Society of London, Biology_ 270:731–733.

Also, as seen here
http://qilong.wordpress.com/2011/02/11/tyrannosaurs-dont-all-have-bananas-for-teeth/
 something else jumped out at me, but not so unusual. Rather par for the
course, but treated as unusual.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)