Jinzhousaurus postcranial skeleton described

From: Ben Creisler
bh480@scn.org

In case it's not been mentioned yet:

Xiaolin Wang, Rui Pan, Richard J. Butler and Paul M.
Barrett (2011)
The postcranial skeleton of the iguanodontian ornithopod
Jinzhousaurus yangi from the Lower Cretaceous Yixian
Formation of western Liaoning, China.
Earth and Environmental Science Transactions of the Royal
Society of Edinburgh 101(2):135-159
DOI: 10.1017/S1755691010009266
Published online: 11 Feb 2011
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?
fromPage=online&aid=8068051&fulltextType=RA&fileId=S175569
1010009266

Abstract

Non-hadrosaurid iguanodontians were the most diverse and
abundant group of large-bodied herbivorous dinosaurs
during the Early Cretaceous, and were a particularly
important component of Laurasian ecosystems. Recent years
have seen a dramatic increase in our knowledge of the
diversity of this group, with multiple new taxa being
described from northeast China. The most complete of
these Chinese non-hadrosaurid iguanodontians is
Jinzhousaurus yangi, from the middle part of the Yixian
Formation (Lower Cretaceous: lower Aptian) of Liaoning
Province. Here, we provide the first description of the
relatively complete and partially articulated postcranial
skeleton of the holotype of Jinzhousaurus, and provide
detailed comparisons to closely related taxa. We document
additional autapomorphies of Jinzhousaurus that provide
strong support for the validity of this taxon.