Re: cause of Gigantism in sauropods

We might also say that, being the cervicals as delicate as Mike said,
the sauropod would get its neck severely damaged if hitting a theropod
head, I would gess (although math would be necessary). This would be
more true considering, as Michael indicated, that the sutructure of
larger animals is relatively less resistant against blows.
Now I want to ask: is there a way to differentiate predation marks
from scanvenging marks? Because, if the cervical vertebrae are
fragile, as said above, it would be difficult for a bitten animal to
survive (I suppose), and thus the presence of toothmarks with
posterior growth may be less expectable. So, lack of bite marks which
are not scanvenging ones would not necessarily imply that theropods
did not attack large sauropods.