Save Hayashibara Museum (Update + Second push)

Rescued from sender-not-subscribed filter:

From: "Shimada, Kenshu" <KSHIMADA@depaul.edu>
To: "vrtpaleo@usc.edu" <VRTPALEO@usc.edu>, <dinosaur@usc.edu>,
  <paleonet-bounces@nhm.ac.uk>
Subject: Save Hayashibara Museum (Update + Second push)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:07:30 -0600
Cc: <wmahito@pop16.odn.ne.jp>, <moldavicum@pa2.so-net.ne.jp>

Hi everyone,

The future of the Hayashibara Museum of Natural Sciences in Japan
remains quite uncertain, but good news is that no formal decisions have
been publicly announced yet.  There is a good possibility that some kind
of decisions will be announced next Thursday, February 17, and the
museum staff would like to continue receiving as many supporting letters
as possible THROUGH FEBRUARY 16.  The situation looks very bad so I
would like to ask everyone on this list to make a pitch to save the
museum if all possible, including professionals, students, and all other
fossil/dinosaur enthusiasts!  Saving the museum is particularly
important because many important Mongolian specimens are at stake.  We
will reassess the situation on the 17th, but for the meantime, please
send in your supporting letters by February 16 to Dr. Watabe at
moldavicum@pa2.so-net.ne.jp (see also my previous message below).  Thank
you all in advance, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU if you have
already sent in your letter on behalf of my colleagues at the
Hayashibara Museum (They have been really encouraged by your support!).

Kenshu