Re: cause of Gigantism in sauropods

> Now, pardon the ignorance of much work on this,
> but in
> order to test this, we may ask if there was some
> correlation between
> maximal plant size and sympatric maximal sauropod size.

Part of the problem with this is that there's almost certainly going to be a
substantial amount of floral biodiversity. Which plants are you focusing on for
correlations? If, as a somewhat absurd example, you find a correlation between
sauropod body size and flower size, is that really biologically meaningful? I'm
thinking that such a thing would be extremely hard without having a better
understanding of just what sauropods were really feeding on (and, given the
amount of time sauropods were around, I suspect the answer would be 'all sorts
of things').

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.