Re: Egyptian Plovers and similar symbiosis

Scott --

You wrote:

> The question I have for you all is: does anyone know
> of any hard facts documenting the plover/croc behavior?
> Failing that, what similar forms of behavioral
> symbiosis can you think of that are in fact documented?

Here is a blogsite with a video of fish cleaning hippos. There is
discussion of different species specializing in different parts of the
hippo, and different species of birds that clean hippos bodies, but I'm
not certain any of the those items are actually documented on the site.

http://blog.nus.edu.sg/lsm1303student2010/2010/04/06/hail-your-majesty/

BTW, I thought sure I'd seen films of birds cleaning inside hippos
mouths, but a quick search of Google images turned up nothing of that
sort.

Or, were you specifically hoping for symbiotic behaviors involving
crocs?

-- Donna Braginetz