RE: Egyptian Plovers and similar symbiosis

Marine analogues of various cleaner fish at reefs.

While true there are many terrestrial examples of body cleaners (e.g.,
sharp-beaked ground finches cleaning tortoises, iguanas, and
sea birds on the Galapagos; certain turtle species cleaning rhinos and other
large-bodied mammals in lakes in Africa; etc.), I am
not certain of good terrestrial tooth-cleaners.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/