RE: New Scientist Elephant Time Lapse

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Steve White wrote:

On the New Scientist website, there's amazing time lapse footage of the destruction of an elephant carcass over several days and nights (sorry - it would allow me to copy the URL across); it was interesting watching the various carnivores come and go including a leopard and what I think is a civet. It naturally made me wonder how long the destruction of a really big sauropod would have taken.

I was, well, not surprised, but intrigued I guess, that the bigger predators didn't just camp there til it was all gone.