turtle vs. Titanosaur (was Gigantism...)

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:57 PM, David Marjanovic
<david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:
>>  Some (Loggerheads) in the Sargasso sea. Terrestrial analogue?
>
> Any thick vegetation? I don't know...

But...turtle hatchlings do have a rather thick shell for protection.
This would put dino hatchling predators at an advantage relative to
those of turtles inasmuch as you would have to be bigger relative to
your prey to crunch the shell. In dense habitat this gives turtles the
advantage.