RE: Coelacanth article in current NatGeo

Some modern lobefins (i.e., some of the lungfish) can use them to burrow.

Various rayfins have converged on the lobefin form for use as underwater
"feet", either to brace themselves against currents or to
scuttle along on the sea floor.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216